These crostini are an appetising mix of tender thin slices of finest Scotch beef and rich beetroot and orange chutney. They make quite a substantial delicious pre dinner canapé or as a starter with a salad garnish. They are easy to make and all the ingredients can be store cupboard or freezer, so you’ll never be caught out again if unexpected guests turn up or people are hungrier than expected!
- Cut the baguette into slices.
- Heat the oil in frying pan, add the sliced bread and cook on both sides, till golden brown.
- Rub toasted bread with a cut side of garlic to give a subtle garlic flavour.
- Spread Rannoch Smokery Beetroot and Orange Chutney liberally on toast,
- add a slice of avocado and top with half a slice of Rannoch Smokery Cold Smoked Beef and serve.