Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This quick and easy sauce is perfect for fried shrimp or crawfish, crab cakes or onion rings.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 dash cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Chill for one hour.
- Serve with fried shrimp or crawfish or with crab cakes.
My husband had a craving for onion rings and liked a remoulade dip that he had at a restaurant. I did not have any horse radish in the house, so I looked for a substitution and found that spicy brown mustard would work and it did. The sauce was very easy to prepare and was quite tasty. I'll make this again and maybe use the horse radish the next time. Thanks Randy for a great recipe.
This gets five stars for preparation ease without sacrificing taste. Great sauce with a lot of possibilities for use. Easy to adjust heat to suit your taste and dish.
Great when you are in a hurry and don't have all the ingredients to make an authentic Remoulade!