Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great meal for singles and couples or as late-night weekend snack for teenagers. For me, this is two meals; plus I have leftover refried beans to use for something else later. I don't drain my Ranch Style Beans, but you may prefer to have your nachos drier. And yes, you could just dump everything together and cook, but it's actually better if you prepare and eat chip by chip.
- Use a knife to smear about one teaspoon of refried beans on each chip. Note: You will use only 1/4 to 1/2 can of refried beans.
- Place the bean-topped chips onto a microwaveable plate or dish. Overlap the chips rather than piling them up.
- Pour the can of Ranch Style Beans evenly over the chips. Note: I don't drain the beans, but you may prefer less juice.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the chips.
- Microwave about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with chilled sour cream, jalapenos, and Tabasco Sauce.
We ate this tonight along with Starvin's Frito Pie Baked Potatoes. The combo made a good dinner. It was very filling. The only change I made was that I served it with Homemade Salsa instead of the Tabasco Sauce. The next time I will probably add some spicey ground meet to the chili beans since we really enjoy meat as well as the beans. Made for PAC Fall 2009.