Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite main dish salad. The combination of the ranch salad dressing and spices on the croutons is what makes this salad so good.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, broiled, cooled and diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 cup homemade crouton (I use Croutons)
- 8 -12 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- Divide all ingredients between 4 plates, layering in order given; except dressing.
- Add additional salad ingredients (tomatoes, mushrooms etc.) that you enjoy.
- Top with dressing and toss to serve.
This is quick and easy to make if you have left over chicken as I did! I did add tomatoes fresh from the garden! I did make my own croutons but that as many as called for!