Grilled Chicken and Pasta Salad
photo by Lori Ann D
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup halved green grape
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Grill, cool and chop the chicken breast.
- Cook the pasta and drain it twice in cold water.
- Combine the chicken, pasta, spinach, grapes, cranberries and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seasoned rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss.
- Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
- Stir in the mandarin oranges just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
When I bake chicken breasts I almost always use at least 4 so that I have some for another meal or two, & since I did just that here (using 2 left-over breasts), this recipe (cut in half) was a snap to put together! I really enjoy working with a recipe that includes uncooked spinach, & here the combo of fruits made for A VERY TASTY SALAD & a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed just for the 'halibut!']
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live just outside Iowa City, Iowa... home of the University of Iowa (Go Hawkeyes!). In my former life, I was a Marketing Manager for Ladies' Home Journal magazine, but am now a stay-at-home mom. My husband and I have been married?15 years and have a 12-yr old son, as well as 5-yr old twin boys!!! ?We all love to be in the kitchen! While I tend to rely on recipes, my husband is more of a throw-it-together/experimental kind of cook (it usually turns out great!). I make a weekly menu, but it's never the same. Cookbooks and recipes are a passion, so I always have something new on the menu. That's why I love Food.com so much!