Curried Chicken Salad
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 4 cups water
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (I skipped and just used water to cook the breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 5 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (3/4 lb) firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Bring water and chicken broth to a simmer in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Add chicken and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover pan, then let stand until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Move chicken to a plate, let cool 10 minutes, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- While chicken is cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, onion, mango, grapes, and cashews; gently stir to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lovely currie chicken salad, love the sweet coolness of the mango and grapes with the heat of the currie. Nice finish with the crunchiness of the cashews. Very nice combination of flavours! Have to admit I used only about half of the currie powder called for and it was enough for us. Thanks for sharing a repeater!!
I love this recipe! I have made it on several occassions, first substituting leftover turkey and also chicken thighs. I left out both the mango and grapes but added some dried fruit and nuts.<br/>As for serving, I've used this as a wrap filling (yummy) and most recently I tossed it with broccoli-slaw. Thanks for a great recipe GaylaJ
see 1 more reviews