Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Way to make a lot out of ramen noodles
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thickly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, wiped, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons szechuan stir-fry sauce, add another tbsp for more flavor
- 1 teaspoon chili paste, cut in half for less spice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Following directions on package, cook the noodles and drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, prepare stir fry: In a wok or large skillet set over moderately high heat, warm the oil until it is hot, add the gingerroot and garlic and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 3 minutes more. Add chicken and broccoli and stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add seasonings from the ramen packages along with the Szechuan sauce and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and let simmer, stirring occasionally until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add the noodles to the pan and cook, stirring just until heated through. Season with the chili paste and cilantro.
Well I got to say this was very good and easy to make! My daughters loved it! I did not use mushrooms just because I did not have them. Still turned out great MeliBug, thank you!
Made for Photo Tag. Delicious!! We love stir-fries...clear instructions. I used button mushrooms in place of shitake because thats what I had on hand.