Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick 1 pan dinner. It comes from one of my many cooking magaizines with my own little tweeks. It is also very flexible in ingredients.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles or 2 (3 ounce) packages beef, flavored
- 1⁄2 cup stir-fry sauce
- 3 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Add water and 1 of the seasoning packs, stir fry sauce, and frozen veggies.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low cover and cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Break up the noodles and add to the skillet.
- Cover, cook 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is as thick as you like it. stir occasionally separating noodles.
- Any stir fry or mixed type veggies that you like can be substituted.
This was soooo good! Whole family loved it and request it often now, which I can promise you RARELY happens.
I have the same cooking magazine! I was doing a search before posting the recipe and found it already here. We love it, we like more noodles in it though, so we add a 3rd package of noodles and increase the other ingredients to accommodate it.
I really enjoyed the stir fry sauce in this!! That was the only difference from another recipe I make like this...Hamburger Skillet Supper So I don't have to boil off the water this is how I made this recipe. I put my frozen veggies in the water bring them to boil. When the water boils I add the ramen noodles in and cook for 2-3 minutes, drain and add to meat. I don't add the water into the mixture afterwards. I could only add 1/4 cup of the stir fry sauce because my brand was *SPICY* and the kids don't like spicy. At over $4. for 11 ounces, next time I'll try making my own stir fry sauce as there are many on the site. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game