Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This summer my son graduated from high school, and we attended over 20 graduation parties. Needless to say, we're now broke (lol), but I also got quite a few wonderful recipes. This is one of them. To make it a complete meal, just add chicken. While this does not have to be cooked, I added 30 minutes under "cooking time" because it does have to chill for 30 minutes.
- 1 lb Coleslaw
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles (uncooked & crumbled)
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup cider vinegar (or something dark)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Put the cole slaw in a large bowl.
- Open the Ramen noodles.
- Crumble the noodles and add to the cole slaw.
- Save the seasoning packets for the dressing.
- Add the onions, almonds, and sunflower seeds to the slaw mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, vinegar, sugar, soy and seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles.
- Pour over the cole slaw mixture and toss.
- Chill 1/2 hour before serving.
I completely loved this recipe. The texture/crunch of this was out of this world. Also, the taste was excellent. I did use 2 tbl of soy instead of 1 tea, as I am wild about soy. I did not have any green onions, so I used 1 tbl of minched instead. I took the advice about adding chicken, and it made a fantastic meal. Thanks for the keeper.
I didn't have cider vinegar, so I substituted with white vinegar. I used sliced almond instead of silvered and forget to add the seasoning package in the salad dressing. I still loved this salad and give it 5 stars. Next time I will add the seasoning and chicken for a meal. I can hardly wait.
Very good. I was looking for something different. This is a nice change.