Spicy Ramen Noodle Slaw
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a spiced up version of a quick and easy salad. This particular recipe won a prize at my office Luau themed pot-luck. Goes great with Kalua Pig Recipe #358671.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Coleslaw, prepared (Shredded is recommended over chopped)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed (leaves can be chopped or left whole)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (optional to toast)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (uncooked & crumbled)
- 3⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (red pepper)
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Angostura bitters (optional)
- Put the cole slaw in a large bowl.
- Open the Ramen noodles and take out the seasoning pack.
- Crumble the noodles and set aside.
- Add the cilantro, onions, almonds, and sunflower seeds to the slaw mixture and mix together.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, vinegar, soy, bitters and seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles.
- Pour over the cole slaw mixture,toss and chill at least 1/2 hour. (overnight is preferred).
- For a crunchier salad, add the crumbled noodles and chill 1/2 hour before serving. To have soft noodles, add the crumbled noodles and chill overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION