Oriental Ramen Cole Slaw Salad
This is an excellent recipe I got from my grandmother who has been making this for years. It's always a hit, especially at potlucks. Even my husband likes it and he isnt a cole slaw eater! Instead of sunflower seeds cashews can be added as a variation.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, noodles crushed
- 1 (1 lb) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- For the dressing, combine vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar and the two flavor packets from the ramen noodles, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cole slaw mix, crushed ramen noodles and sunflower seeds.
- Pour dressing mixture over salad and toss well to coat.
- Cover and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great recipe when you're looking for something a little different from the usual pasta/potato salads. I have made this many times and always get compliments. I substitute sliced almonds for the sunflower seeds. I toast the almonds and the broken up ramen, with 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat 'til they are a nice light brown.Reply