Oriental Crunchy Ramen Salad
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- Crunch up ramen noodles inside unopened bag.
- Put ramen noodles into frying pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
- Put lettuce and green onions in large bowl.
- Mix up dressing ingredients and toss with lettuce mixture.
- Add ramen noodles just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had this last weekend when judging a Forensics tournament and couldn't find the salad-maker for the recipe, so I searched this site and found this similar one. I did not use the seasoning packet. I added a little more sugar and about 4 more drops of sesame oil. I forgot to brown the noodles and they were fine. I also added some English cucumbers and halved grape tomatoes. Thanks so much for posting this.
Yum! The whole family enjoyed this recipe. I used Umeboshi plum vinegar and a oriental two minute noodles. My daughter enjoyed the crispy noodles and I liked the dressing. Hubby said it was very yummy. Served as a side dish with Recipe #385176 - Thanks so much for sharing your sister in laws recipe Lavender Lynn
To quote my eight year old, "yummy dressing, yummy crunchy noodles." We enjoyed this salad. I too used an 8 ounce bag of shredded iceberg, and I halved all the rest of the ingredients. I think next time I will make it with shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix instead as personally I like a little more umph than iceberg has.