Recipe by Miryam MS, RD
Again a little bit healthier alternative to monkey bread made from scratch. No alternative for sugar though, the real thing, sugar substitutes are no good for you on small or large amounts. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Mia #3
Really enjoyed this cake receipe, its nice for a cold winter day, served with a steaming cup of coffee or tea. I just added in some walnuts, i'm a walnut freak. Thanks Miryam for the lovely receipe.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Add milk, oil, 1/4 cup sugar, egg, 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour and raisins. Mix thoroughly with a wire wisk.
- Add enough remaining white flour to make the dough easy to handle. Turn on a grease bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- On the mean time mix sugar and cinnamon on a bowl. Melt butter and place on another bowl.
- Divide the dough in half. Each half should make between 20-24 balls. Dip each balls first into the melted butter then into the sugar mixture.
- Place 24 balls in the bottom of a grease Bundt pan. Top with remaining balls after dipping into the butter and sugar mixture. Cover and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix remainder sugar mixture and butter and pour over cake. Bake for about 35-45 minutes until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Immediately invert the pan on a heat proof serving plate and let stand for one minute. Remove pan and serve.