Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Half pancake, half cookie.
Make and share this Raisin Griddle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat griddle until moderately hot.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Cut in shortening, as for pastry.
- Combine milk and egg; add with raisins to dry mixture.
- Stir until moistened and mixture holds together.
- Roll dough out onto floured board to 1/4-inch thick and cut with 2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Oil griddle lightly.
- Place cookies on griddle.
- As bottoms brown, top will get puffy.
- Turn and brown other side.
- Serve hot or cold.
Just enjoyed some of these warm off the griddle. We liked them but feel they could do with a bit of cream or sauce as they are a bit dry. They may be better cooled and eaten as a cookie, though. Made for PAC 2008.