Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sunmaid and Gooseberry Patches' Muffins. Very good!
Make and share this Raisin Apple & Oat Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sun-maid currants or 1 cup raisins
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped about 1 cup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons coarse raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Butter 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- COMBINE raisins, apple, milk, sugar and oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- STIR together flour, oats, baking powder, cinammon, nutmeg, salt and allspice in a small bowl. Stir into raisin mixture just until combined.
- SPOON batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with ½ teaspoon brown sugar or sugar crystals.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Although I'm particularly big on raisins, I stayed with the currants for this recipe & made it pretty much as written! The topping was some really drak brown sugar that I put together here at home, so there was a strong molasses flavor there, which we liked! These very tasty muffins are very easy to prepare & make for A GREAT BREAKFAST TREAT! [Made & reviewed for one of the Pick A Chef co-hosts]