Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was preparing to make Banana, Raisin and Oatmeal yogurt pancakes and realized that I had no bananas or oatmeal. I improvised and the resulting pancakes turned out to be quite tasty, per my husband's review.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (plus butter to top pancakes after cooking)
- Whish first 6 ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and applesauce together until blended in another medium bowl.
- Wish dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until blended.
- Fold in raisins and melted butter until mixed.
- Heat nonstick griddle over medium heat, spray with non-stick spray.
- Working in batches, pour about 1/3 cupfuls of mixture onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes until top bubbles and flip until bottom is lightly browned (about 3 minutes per side).
- Top pancakes with butter.