Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This looks DELICOUSE!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) ragu old world style pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook green bell pepper, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add ground beef and brown, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Stir in Ragu Pasta Sauce and chili powder. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and heat through. Serve, if desired, with sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This got mixed reviews at my house. My youngest liked it but my oldest didn't. This was very easy to make during the week. I followed the recipe as written other then I doubled it and didn't use the olive oil to cook the peppers. I just sprayed the pan with some PAM. My oldest said he thought the ragu was sweet and the chili pepper didn't seem to go with the spaghetti sauce. I'm sure there are others that would love this, just wasn't to my families tastes.