Lu's Chili Mac
Easy and quick. Good 1-dish meal for those busy nights.
- Ready In:
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I can my own and use a quart jar)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans (optional) or (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cooked macaroni
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
- Add green pepper and tomatoes, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I didn't use the corn or beans and used 1 (16 oz) can of diced tomato and 1 (16 oz) can of tomato sauce. It's got just a little heat, which can be adjusted easily. Also just used Parm. cheese on individual servings. This was great, because I have packages of 1-1/2 lbs of beef. Got "this is good" from my 11 yo. :)
Thank you LEEZAH4 ! My hubbie said this was the best chili-mac I ever made. I spiced up the recipe a bit. BAM! I added a teaspoon of Tabasco. It wasn't too hot just pleasantly spicy. I only added one 14.5 oz can of tomatoes because I don't like my chili-mac too soupy. I also served it with shredded colby-mozzarella cheese on top.
Nice, simple and tasty. 5 stars for ease of prep and cooking, 4 for taste, 19 month old son and DH inhaled it. I used 1 can diced tomato and 1 can stewed tomato vs adding green pepper, otherwise followed recipe. No big exciting flavors, just basic comfort food. Topped with sharp cheddar and a spash of hot sauce. Makes a big batch, enough for the 3 of us to have 2 meals. Will make again.
Didn't add pepper or beans. Added a bit extra garlic, but skipped the onion. Used RoTel diced tomatoes with green chilis, chili flavored. Added cheese. This was quick to throw together and smelled great. My husband LOVED it. I'm less of a chili mac lover, but I thought it was pretty good too. Thank you for a good recipe!