Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This flavorful recipe for veal was given to me by a friend years ago. I serve it on rice or egg noodles, good with either one.
- 680.38 g veal, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 158.51 ml marsala
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- On high heat brown veal in 1 T each oil and butter; set aside.
- To hot pan add remaining oil and butter.
- On med heat cook onion, mushrooms and thyme for 4 minutes.
- Add Marsala.
- Stir in soup, water, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Return veal and juices accumulated to pan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour,, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer for 20 minutes more, until veal is very tender and sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
This was delicious! The sauce was nice and creamy and the meat was perfectly tender. I didn't use any Paprika so the mushroom flavor really came throuh nicely. I served it over fusilli and enjoyed it very much! Made and reviewed for the MizzNezz cook-a-thon.