Recipe by MizzNezz
This flavorful recipe for veal was given to me by a friend years ago. I serve it on rice or egg noodles, good with either one.
Top Review by gemini08
This was delicious! The sauce was nice and creamy and the meat was perfectly tender. I didn't use any Paprika so the mushroom flavor really came throuh nicely. I served it over fusilli and enjoyed it very much! Made and reviewed for the MizzNezz cook-a-thon.
- 680.38 g veal, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 158.51 ml marsala
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On high heat brown veal in 1 T each oil and butter; set aside.
- To hot pan add remaining oil and butter.
- On med heat cook onion, mushrooms and thyme for 4 minutes.
- Add Marsala.
- Stir in soup, water, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Return veal and juices accumulated to pan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour,, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer for 20 minutes more, until veal is very tender and sauce has thickened to desired consistency.