Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in an old cookbook. It is great on hot days.
- 16 -20 radishes
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup sugar pea pods
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Wash and slice radishes thinly.
- Remove ends of the cucumber and peel then quarter lengthwise.
- Cut out the seedy center.
- Cut into 2 inch long pieces.
- Cut the tips off the sugar peas and cut into fourths.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile put vinegar, sesame oil and soy in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat add sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Rinse vegetables in cold running water and drain thoroughly.
- When sauce is cool, add to vegetables and place in refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour.