1/1 Photo of Rack of Lamb With Pistachio Pesto, Worth the Effort!
1 hr 10 mins
I don't prepare lamb very often, but when I do, this is how I prepare. My family demands that we have this at all family get-togethers. Like I said in the title, it is some effort...but just wonderful! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) lamb racks, frenched (8 chops)
- 6 slices pancetta, thin slices, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 8 scallions, white and tender green parts, trimmed
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place pistachios, thyme and rosemary in a mini food processor. Add half of the olive oil and process to a paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Pour half of the pistachio pesto into a small bowl, stir in remaining olive oil, and set aside to use as a sauce.
- 4Spread some of the remaining pistachio pesto all over the lamb. Place strips of pancetta between the bones and wrap it around the meat, leaving bones exposed.
- 5Spread rest of pistachio pesto over pancetta and place rack in a medium-size roasting pan. Roast lamb until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 130 degrees, about 40 minutes for medium-rare.
- 6Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes. Spoon 1 teaspoon of rendered pancetta fat into a medium-size skillet and heat over high heat.
- 7Add scallions and cook until softened and browned in spots, about 4 minutes.
- 8Cut rack of lamb into 4 servings of 2 chops each and arrange on plates, along with scallions. Drizzle pistachio pesto sauce all around chops and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb With Pistachio Pesto, Worth the Effort!
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.3
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: