Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was in one of her magazines. It is tasty and different.
Make and share this Rachael Ray's Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a deep skillet that has a lid. Add the rice and stir with a spoon until the rice has turned light brown.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to simmer. Let the rice cook for 15 minutes and until the liquid has been all absorbed.
- Remove the lid and add the peas and cheese. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Made this as a side dish to go along with marinated and grilled chicken thighs and it was a delicious dinner. I did change a couple of things by using half butter and half oil and adding some minced onion for added flavor. My 16 yo DS doesn't care for peas, so I added green beans. This is so quick and easy to make and very flavorful. Made for Spring PAC 2008, thanks Jenny for a great recipe.
This recipe was easy and yummy and I know I'll be making it again. I burned my rice a bit and didn't use peas as hubby doesn't like them but still, a great recipe!