Rachael Ray's Rice Pilaf
This is a totally simple way of making great rice pilaf. This recipe was originally on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. I usually double this recipe for my family of four big eaters.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup thin spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter over moderate heat.
- Brown thin spaghetti bits and rice for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add broth, salt and pepper and bring to a full boil.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to a simmer for approximately 18 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! This recipe is so delicious that everyone in my family loves it. We’re talking a family with 4 kids, 1 who is kind of picky, and 2 who are super picky as in they will starve themselves until I cave and make their usual of peanut butter sandwiches. So to find a recipe that everyone likes, including the 2 super picky ones is a major win in my book.1Reply
Made for Let's PARTY 2011 tag game to go along with recipe#198822#198822 and recipe#56376#56376...delicious! I did add some minced onion and garlic and some fresh herbs for a little more flavor. I also used angel hair pasta which worked well. DH and I enjoyed this as a side and we will be making this again. Thank you.Reply
see 3 more