Rabo Encendido(Cuban Oxtail Stew)
- Coat oxtail pieces with the flour and Cajun seasoning, and sear them in 3 tablespoons oil and remove from the pan.
- Then degrease the pan and deglaze with port and reserve for later use.
- In a separate pot caramelize the onions, carrot, celery and peppers, then deglaze with the red wine.
- Add the oxtails to the vegetables.
- Continue by adding in the tomatoes, chipotle, sherry, bay leaves and thyme and simmer for approximately 3 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.