Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy way to cook rabbit the family will love!
- 2 rabbit, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper the rabbit pieces to taste.
- Place the rabbit in the crock pot.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over rabbit stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6- 8 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!
EXCELLENT RECIPE!! I tweeked it just a little bit though by adding 1/2 tsp of thyme, 1/2 tsp italian seasonings, pinch of crushed red pepper, 3 potatoes (halved) 1 lb. of carrots. Added couple Tbl of olive oil to large skillet,and browned rabbit pieces first then added rabbit to crock pot and poured sauce over meat. Added potatoes and carrots and cooked on low for 6 hrs.....was delicious!
I only used 1 rabbit for the 2 of us, left everything else the same. This made the most delicious rabbit ever. The meat is falling off the bone tender and the sauce is divine! This will definitely be a repeat! Thanks Chuck!! ;)
I loved the tomato base Chuck and the meat was wonderfully tender. I added potato and carrots to the sauce and near the end of the cooking time added a bit of flour to thicken the sauce. That made it into a great one pot meal.