Recipe by Vino Girl
I've been trying to find different ways to use quinoa, since it is so good for you. This recipe is from Eden Organic Foods.
Top Review by Dominique353
This worked out well for our family. My 2yr old nephew would not eat it but everyone else liked it and there were no leftovers. It was a bit spicier than I expected it to be with the curry spice I used as I just used plain sesame oil. This may be why my nephew didn't want to eat it. Not sure if I will make this again, but it worked for a quick dinner last night! Thanks!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Roast rinsed quinoa in a skillet until it pops.
- Place in casserole dish and add water.
- Heat oil and saute onions, garlic, and curry in skillet until onions are translucent.
- Add celery, broccoli, and tomato; saute briefly and add to quinoa.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cover casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.