Apple Rhubarb Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 2 medium baking apples, peeled & sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in the fruit; add sugar& flour and toss to coat.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Cover with crumble mixture.
- Or cover with a full crust; trim, seal& flute edges and cut venting slits (cover edges loosely with foil).
- Or cover with pastry lattice (cover edges loosely with foil).
- Bake in lower third of a preheated 425F oven for 15 minutes; remove foil (if using), reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Join The Conversation
This is an AMAZING recipe! Wow! I used the last fresh cutting of rhubarb out of my garden before the fall. But I added lots more..I did 2 baking apples and enough rhubarb to fill a 5 cup measuring cup. It was SO yummy! But next time I think I want to add raisins soaked in a little Myers Rum (drunk raisins I call them). A keeper FOR SURE! Thank you for sharing such a fabulous recipe! XO LA :-)