Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy to make. It doesn't take much time to make and worthy enough to take to potlucks or serve at home for dessert.
- 1⁄2-1 cup oleo (melted)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peaches (or any canned pie filling can be used, or berries if already cooked)
- Melt oleo in a 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk until moistened.
- Pour this mixture over the melted margarine in the baking pan.
- Gently spread fruit on top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- SERVE HOT.
This is very similar to a recipe my mother taught me. Variation: You can substitute self-rising flour for the plain flour and baking powder and this recipe will still turn out delicious. Also, my family likes more fruit in our cobblers so I put in 2 cans instead of just one. The crust ingredients are so simple to remember too..."a cup, a cup, a cup of flour, sugar, milk"! This recipe is also very forgiving of mistakes in technique. Serve hot a la mode...SCRUMPTIOUS!!
This is Highly Rated. I had my Granddaughter her for a week. Many friends came to the house. Chelsea and I made this for them and we had fun doing it and her friends loved it. We used Apple Pie Filling. No Changes needed. Thank You for a wonderful time with my granddaughter. Hugs