Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
Serve this over a bed of hot rice. This has a really good flavor, I've been using this since I found it in Woman's Day 25 years ago!
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut in strips
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and seperated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Sear meat in hot oil, in wok or lg skillet; remove.
- To wok, add onion, celery and carrots; stir fry for 4 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch with the next 4 ingredients.
- Stir quickly into wok.
- Add green pepper and mushrooms; stir fry 3 minutes.
- Return meat and cook until heated through.
it was quick, easy, and tasty. i omitted the celery, kids ,used fresh mushrooms,& served it with brown rice. great fast food:)
This will definitely be used again because it was quick and easy due to the simplicity of ingredients. Thanks.
Oh my gosh, this is better than any you can get in a restaurant. my husband and i love it. we shared with our mom and she ate it for two solid days. were having it again tonight. thank you for this recipe. yummooooooooo