Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These noodles are great as a side dish, or even a main course!
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion (Diced)
- 3 carrots (Cut into 1 inch matchsticks)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup tamari
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons smooth cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese mustard (optional)
- Cook Pasta acording to directions on the box. Drain. Return pot to stove top and heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and carrots until soft.
- Meanwhile, Combine seeds, tamari, vinegar, broth, hoisin sauce, honey, cashew butter, parsley, and mustard in a small bowl. Then add this to the onions and carrots and cook for 1-3 minutes, or until slighty thickened. Return noodles to the pot and toss with tongs to combine. Turn off heat.
- *TIP* If sauce is to thick, add a bit of broth or water to loosen.
Very good and interesting -- I skipped the cashew butter, parsley and Chinese mustard and added a little bit of fish for a great pasta meal. Thanks for sharing!