Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good and nutritious, great for a light dinner with bread or as a starter to any course.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 4 zucchini, ends pared, chopped
- 1 head broccoli
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups chicken stock (or other stock)
- salt and pepper
- Chop up vegetables.
- Dry fry onions.
- Add chili powder and toss with wooden spoon.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Place mixture in blender and puree.
- Reheat, if necessary, and add salt and pepper.
Stella absolutely loved this soup. Not only tasty, but low in calories as well. I found it delicious. This one is in my file for good. My family liked it as well. Thank you so much!
So easy and delicious! I quickly made this last night, using vegetable stock. I left out the carrots, but added more zucchini and an extra onion, plus abour 4 large cloves or garlic. I pureed the soup right in the pot using an immersion blender. I've brought some leftovers in for lunch today, can hardly wait!