Recipe by b. limon
Amazingly simple, this basic soup can be whipped up with even ordinary mushrooms and it tastes great, not too salty. I can see myself repeating this meal in the near future..
Top Review by alkaloidqueen
I enjoyed this simple soup. I made a couple modifications due to what I had on hand. I didn't have any broccoli or mushrooms. In place of those I used celery and green onion. Simple, satisfying and I can eat a lot of it because it's low in calories. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups broccoli, in small florets
- 2 cups small shiitake mushroom caps, thickly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (gluten-free if need be)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked rice (or less)
- 4 lime wedges
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine broth, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add tofu and rice to boiling soup; cover and cook 2 minutes, or until tofu and rice are heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve soup with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.