6 hrs 25 mins
Traditional French cassoulet is complicated and time-consuming, but this version is quick and easy - not to mention delicious. Serve with a crusty French baguette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth or 4 cups broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pink beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (remove casings)
- 1Place all the ingredients except the sausage in a slow cooker, and mix well to combine.
- 2Cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- 3Preheat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the sausage, breaking it up into bite-size pieces as you add it to the pan. Cook the sausage until well browned and completely cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes total. Drain the sausage on a paper towel, then add it to the cassoulet and stir well. Serve hot!
- 4Makes 8 servings.
- 6If you can't find boneless, skinless chicken thighs, use chicken breasts or thighs with the skin on. Simply remove the skin before adding them to the slow cooker - the bones will be easy to remove when the stew is done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick to Throw Together Cassoulet With Beans, Chicken, and Sausa
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 2108.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 49.3 g