- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in soup, milk, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in cheese until melted. garnish with parsley if desired. Serve immediately with Oyster crackers, if desired.