Recipe by KittyKitty
Shrimp is a favorite around our house. My husband loves chowder. I made this recipe a quick one by using canned soup as the base, instead of having to make the whole base myself.
Top Review by Tebo
For using can soup I thought this was pretty darn good. I used mushroom as I had no potato. Also added some salsa to spice it up a bit. I cut my shrimp into thirds before adding to the soup. Quick, easy and good is a winner for me. Thanks KittyKitty
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peeled medium shrimp
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- oyster crackers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium heat, add onion, and saute 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in soup, milk, and pepper, bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish. Serve immediately, with oyster crackers if desired.