Recipe by Apple Girl
So you want a quick warm lunch sandwhich, but what is this? There's no bread in the bread box? No pitas? No tortillas? You need a quick fix, a sandwhichy solution, warm, and using cheese and meat. Here it is!
Top Review by ladypit
Fast and tasty. I'm giving it 5 stars because of the ease and healthiness. It tastes fine, but I am used to the taste of fat free cheese. Someone new to it may not feel as I do. Oh, and I used some cooked turkey instead of lunch meat. I'm not sure that thin sliced lunch meat would give me the bite I like. The turkey worked well. Thanks for a neat one on a late night when I needed something healthy fast.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -2 slice fat free deli meat, sliced into bite sized pieces or shredded
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat free cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice and water in microwaveable container, cover with paper towel, and cook until steaming.
- Drain water and add cheese and meat.
- Do not cover.
- Place back into microwave for about 30 more seconds (give or take depending on your microwave).
- Cheese should be somewhat melty.
- Mix with fork and eat.