Recipe by pamela t.
From Penzey's Spices and written by Howard Helmer, this recipe is so easy a novice can prepare it.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious quiche! I didn't use a frozen crust, but did use a ready-made one. I also made this a bit "quicker" by using pre-cooked crumbled bacon. I also added 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, because it is a flavor I like in quiche. Thanks for a quick, tasty dinner!
- 1 nine inch frozed deep dish pie shell
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Using a fork prick the inside of the frozen pie crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lower oven to 325F.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a medium skillet on medium heat. Drain on paper towels.
- Add chopped onion and salt and pepper to bacon fat. Saute over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Increase to heat to high and cook onions until golden.
- Transfer onion to pie shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half and half. Stir in the cheese and cooked bacon.
- Pour this mixture into pie shell.
- Bake until set, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.