Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Penzey's Spices and written by Howard Helmer, this recipe is so easy a novice can prepare it.
Make and share this Quick Quiche Lorraine recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Using a fork prick the inside of the frozen pie crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lower oven to 325F.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a medium skillet on medium heat. Drain on paper towels.
- Add chopped onion and salt and pepper to bacon fat. Saute over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Increase to heat to high and cook onions until golden.
- Transfer onion to pie shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half and half. Stir in the cheese and cooked bacon.
- Pour this mixture into pie shell.
- Bake until set, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Delicious quiche! I didn't use a frozen crust, but did use a ready-made one. I also made this a bit "quicker" by using pre-cooked crumbled bacon. I also added 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, because it is a flavor I like in quiche. Thanks for a quick, tasty dinner!
Good simple to fix quiche. Made my own pie crust and cooked the bacon in the oven. Next time I may use green onions rather than sautéed onion. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Wonderful quiche!! I made 1/3 of the recipe and used a recipe from my "Small Batch Baking" cookbook for the pie crust which made one mini pie/quiche to serve two. I served it with some fresh fruit and blueberry muffins, yummy brunch!! Made for your win in the football pool game, congrats again!!