Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a tasty dish and real comfort food
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- In a dutch oven or casserole dish put soups, water and seasonings. Stir well. Add vegetables, barley and tapioca.
- Bake 325 for 2 hours.
- Remove cover and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Can be cooked in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours if preferred.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.