Recipe by Pets'R'us
Makes a nice sauce/gravy so it is good served with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes. Adapted from a Campbell's recipe, it was called two step chicken..it has more steps and ingredients now but to my taste it improved the recipe.
Top Review by loof
Great recipe, easy to make and delicious! I didn't use the oil, just sauteed with cooking spray, and used lowfat mushroom soup with good results. Loved the dijon flavor in this. Topped it with chopped parsley and loved this chicken - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside, add the mushrooms to the skillet and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir the soup, water and mustard into the skillet. Heat to a boil, then return the chicken to the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, taste and season with the black pepper.
- Add the parsley and mix into the sauce.