Quick 'n Crunchy Potato Chip Chicken
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 4 cups sour cream and onion potato chips, crushed (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs thin boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 breasts)
- Mix crushed potato chips and parsley in shallow bowl.
- Beat egg and Worcestershire sauce in another shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with potato chip mixture.
- Cook chicken in oil 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until deep golden brown and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'll certainly bake these in the oven when time permits - like at weekends - but for a really quick mid-week meal, these were just SO easy to make. I scaled the recipe down for two, and used only about 1/2 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce (personal taste preference). Having used unflavoured potato chips (the flavours always taste very synthetic to me), I followed the suggestion of other reviewers and added some garlic powder, some paprika and several grindings of black pepper. And because there was plenty of room in the pan, I sauteed some sliced onion and sliced mushrooms in the last 10 minutes of cooking. We greatly enjoyed this dish: thanks for sharing it.
This was very quick and easy; I am very happy to have found the recipe. I will say, though, that I used plain potato chips and don't recommend doing so unless you add black pepper, or perhaps garlic or onion powder. I also baked them at 400, then put them under the broiler for a few minutes at the end of baking. Thanks for posting! Made for Healthy Choices 2008.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!