Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
This is a very quick and easy moist, soft, and crumbly yellow cornbread. Excellent with Idaho Chili Stew #112577
Top Review by mnjolson2
Like eating raw flour paste. Our traditional oven has been on the blink so I was searching for ways to compensate with the microwave. This was not the only microwave cornbread recipe I tried, but they all came out the same. Totally inedible! I can't believe anyone eats this stuff.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (I always use peanut oil, which is excellent, but another type of oil may be used.)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (this is how I make the bread, making it not sweet, for a bit sweeter bread add an extra 1-2 tbsp)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into a sprayed (greased) microwavable ring pan or microwavable dish with a glass in the centre.
- Place pan or dish on a upsidedown saucer in microwave.
- Let stand 5 minutes in microwave.
- Then, for a 1200watt microwave, cook on HIGH for 3 minutes until dry on top (when touched finger comes off clean).
- NOTE: cooking time depends on the wattage of the microwave -in our old microwave, which was 500watts I microwaved on HIGH 6 minutes.
- Serve right away for a fresh, warm cornbread.
- Excellent plain, with garlic butter, or even peanut butter!
- Serves 8 with 8 good sized wedges.