Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Moosewood New Classics.
Make and share this Quick Cinnamon Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk or 2 -3 tablespoons heavy cream
- preheat oven to 400.
- in a small blwo, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- in a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- add 1 1/2 cups of the cream and stir briskly till the dough forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- with your hands, fold the dough over a few times in the bowl, till all of the loose bits are incorporated and the dough is smooth.
- turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- lightly flour your hands and gently pat the dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle about 9x13 inches.
- brush the surface of the dough with the remaining T of cream.
- sprinkle evenly with teh cinnamon sugar mix.
- starting from the long side, roll the dough into a cylinder.
- slice into 9 equal rounds. Place the biscuit rounds, cut side down, in an unoiled 8-inch square baking dish or a pie plate.
- bake for about 30 minutes, till biscuits are lightly browned.
- while the biscuits bake, prepare the icing.
- Mix together the confectioner's sugar and milk or cream till smooth.
- when you remove the biscuits from the oven, immediately drizzle with icing.
- serve warm.
These are really so good! I love it! The taste is comparable to fancy restaurants without having to pay so much for it. The dough's soft and delectable, I ate 2 in one sitting while having amaretto coffee with it. My surface wasn't lightly floured though, I added also about 1/2 cup flour so I can work with it. Keeper! Thank you, PattikayinLA!
Yummy breakfast this morning! Great and easy way to make breakfast! This was a LOT easier than making yeast cinnamon rolls! I did add a little vanilla to the frosting. Thanks for the yummy recipe! Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14!
These were really yummy, but be careful with the amount of cream. I used fat-free 1/2 an 1/2 and I added all of it at once and had to add about 1/2 c more flour to make my dough stiff. But they turned out great and were really easy after I got the dough right.