Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so fast & easy to prepare. Another winner from Robin Miller. I prefer to ice mine, she just dusted with powdered sugar. Either way, this is a moist, delicious cake that is ready so fast...I don't even let it cool first if I am just using powdered sugar.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (I used 5 Tbsp dry buttermilk powder and 1 1/4 c water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a large measuring bowl, mix the wet ingredients together EXCEPT boiling water.
- Stir the two mixtures together, then add boiling water.
- Beat together until smooth. Pour batter (which will be very,very soupy) into greased 9 x13" baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool if planning to use icing.
I make this with my child, 3 years old. He loves the process and the cake. I use yogurt (comes out better) or milk. I also substituted oil for coconut oil and it came out really nice with a lot of flavour. I find this cake fool proof, quick and tasty.
This is the best quick chocolate cake ever. It's is heaps easy and tastes very nice. Perfect. Thanks for the great recipe.
This cake is super. Easy enough for everyday but moist and choclately enough for a special occasion. I love the fact that it is so delicious, but uses oil instead of butter (I use canola oil instead of vegetable oil). I frost it with Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing and it is scarfed up in a flash. I use Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) to grease a 9 x 13 glass pan and never have a problem with the cake sticking. A definite keeper!