Easy Peasy Quick Chocolate Orange Cake
photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and the flour and baking powder.
- Add the orange rind and juice coco powder and vanilla essence.
- Mix well and pour into microwavable dish.
- Zap for five minutes in the microwave on medium.
- Serve with custard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Updated 10/19/2008 review now that egg is listed in ingredients.. This was quick, even for me. I learned that vanilla essence in the U.K. is the same as vanilla extract in the U.S. The cake reminded me of a muffin and had an acceptable taste for an instant cake. The recipe should specify how large a dish is required; I used a pasta dish, which was the perfect size. The cake needed something, so I topped it with Recipe #328643 #328643 and some whipped cream. Or some orange marmalade could be heated up and served on top. This was the first time I had ever made cake in the microwave, so I was surprised how well it turned out. Made for Fall 2008 Pick-a-Chef.