Recipe by HeatherFeather
This is so fast & easy to prepare. Another winner from Robin Miller. I prefer to ice mine, she just dusted with powdered sugar. Either way, this is a moist, delicious cake that is ready so fast...I don't even let it cool first if I am just using powdered sugar.
Top Review by eva_anita
I make this with my child, 3 years old. He loves the process and the cake. I use yogurt (comes out better) or milk. I also substituted oil for coconut oil and it came out really nice with a lot of flavour. I find this cake fool proof, quick and tasty.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (I used 5 Tbsp dry buttermilk powder and 1 1/4 c water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a large measuring bowl, mix the wet ingredients together EXCEPT boiling water.
- Stir the two mixtures together, then add boiling water.
- Beat together until smooth. Pour batter (which will be very,very soupy) into greased 9 x13" baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool if planning to use icing.