Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from my 21-year-old son, who is living on his own and discovering he likes to cook. I believe he found it on the web, but I'm not sure where. I've made it without the beer and like it just fine, but he insists that's the ingredient that makes this recipe special.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 0.75 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Brown meat in large stock pot.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, beer, beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt, pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
Thank you so much for a recipe that doesn't need hours in a crock pot to cook! This chili was simply delicious... Thanks to you and your son!