Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hearty and delicious.
Make and share this Quick Chicken Curry With Tomatoes and Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml long-grain white rice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- kosher salt
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 1 onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 177.44 ml frozen peas, thawed
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 T oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with the curry powder and 1/4 t each salt and pepper and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the wine to the skillet and cook, scraping up any brown bits, for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken and wine to the skillet, add the tomatoes and peas, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over the rice.
This was a very simple and quick recipe with ingredients I typically have on hand. Next time I would add more spice and/or heat to boost the flavor. Made for ZWT 8.