1/1 Photo of Quick Cabbage and White Bean Soup
This is a quick soup using mainly prepackaged ingredients that can be made very quickly. I threw it together when my parents came to visit, and we all liked it very much. I used the packages I found at the store, but these exact amounts are not required. Use whatever size you can find that's close. This recipe can easily be made vegetarian by leaving out the bacon bits, or also leave out the cheese and make it vegan. Be careful with extra salt, as all the canned ingredients make this fairly salty. Wait to taste the soup after it is heated before adding more salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package ready to serve bacon bits
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (about 1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans small white beans
- 1 lb coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- salt and pepper
- shredded Italian cheese blend (parmesan, romano, asiago, etc.)
- 1Put soup pan on medium high heat.
- 2Pour olive oil in pan.
- 3Crisp bacon bits in oil.
- 4Add onion and cook until softened slightly.
- 5Add thyme, beans, coleslaw mix, and broth.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and cook until coleslaw mix is soft and soup is heated through.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Cabbage and White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 352.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 17.2 g