Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 15 1⁄2 ounces canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. Add onion, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, broth, beans and oregano; simmer 8 minutes.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to pot and reheat; season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews