This quick and easy bread recipe allows you to share a good-looking loaf with a friend. Or make five mini loaves for the church bazarr or for freezing.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine oil and sugar; add buttermilk and eggs and mix well; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill 2 greased 8"x4"x2" loaf pans (or five 5"x2 1/2" mini loaf pans) about 1/3 full.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining 1 cup sugar; sprinkle half over the batter; top with remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar; swirl batter with a knife; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350°, 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean; cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.